Qualified Document Destruction and Records Management Company
Law and medical offices have various documents and records to store and destroy. These two industries also must follow strict regulations on how the destruction of the papers is handled. Failure to comply can result in fines and loss of reputation. This is one of the main reasons it makes much sense to utilize the services of a quality paper shredding company. They understand what you need and go above and beyond to ensure their service helps you stay in compliance. The best ones have the certifications to back their claims. When you know what to look for, you can rest assured that your records are well handled.
6 Things to Look for in Your Next Document Shredding Company
As you set out to find the best document shredding company in Orlando, FL for your needs, keeping some practical items in mind will be helpful. Here are six essentials to look for in your next records management service:
- Understanding of compliance laws and regulations: Each industry is different, but every category has a set of laws and regulations they need to follow. A shredding company must understand a wide range of regulations, including those that apply to legal, financial, and health care organizations.
- NAID AAA certified: When it comes to records management and shredding services you can trust, certifications do matter. They indicate that your preferred document destruction company knows the best practices for information security. The NAID is a standard-setting body focused on secure data destruction. Look for their badge on the shredding company’s website.
- Secure chain of command: You should expect your documents to be shredded securely. This requires a secure chain of command, starting with locked bins for placing documents. Next, the company should gather and destroy the paper records onsite, limiting access to the shredding equipment.
- Certificate of destruction: After completing your shred job, meticulous companies will provide you with a certificate of destruction. It proves your documents were destroyed correctly following best practices and is important for your record keeping.
- Accepts various materials: You have more than paper that needs to be destroyed. You might have computer hard drives, thumb drives, products, and x-rays. Choosing a company that can arrange for the destruction of these additional materials makes keeping things less cluttered and within compliance.
- Quality hiring and training standards. When you have a service team coming to your location to shred private documents, you want to know that their employees are trustworthy. Hiring a company that conducts background checks and thoroughly trains its employees will benefit you.
Crown Information Management Serves Your Records Destruction and Storage Needs
Find the best company for all your records destruction and storage needs when you choose Crown Information Management in Orlando, FL. We understand the risks you face for non-compliance. That is why we are NAID AAA and PCI Certified company. We will come to your location, shred everything onsite, and hand you a document of destruction on the spot. You can also depend on us to destroy other items like hard drives, media, and x-rays. Need records storage solutions? We can help. Learn more when you call us today.
For timely destruction of documents, products, and hard drives, and secure, pest-free storage with a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company, call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545. You can also contact us online to learn more about our document storage and shredding services.