Stay Compliant with a Dependable and Certified Shredding Company
Document retention and destruction policies are vital to companies that handle personal identification information. There are different laws and guidelines that businesses must follow. Allowing that information to leak can also wreak havoc on a company’s reputation. A certified professional shredding company offers you the right level of support to ensure you meet the standards required in your industry. They provide a secure information management system, including shredding, records storage, and scanning services.
Data Destruction Laws that May Affect Your Business
There are different federal regulations, but your business will fall under one of these overseeing agencies:
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule: Violations of HIPAA rules apply to any entity with access to health care records. To prevent violations, these companies must safeguard documents until it is time to destroy them. They must also be destroyed in a way that leaves them ‘unreadable’ and not disposed of in any way that leaves them open to the public.
- The Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA): Businesses that handle any credit reports or background checks must ensure that these reports are safeguarded and destroyed according to FACTA’s disposal rules.
- The FTC’s Safeguard Rule: Financial institutions, such as mortgage brokers, tax preparation firms, financial advisors, and collection agencies, fall under the FTC’s rules.
What to Look for in a Professional Information Records Company
Keeping up with all the different compliance requirements takes time and effort. Make it easier to fulfil your responsibilities by enlisting the services of a qualified document destruction company. Outsource all your document and media shredding needs.
Here are some considerations that can help you locate the best service provider for your industry’s safety and security related regulatory requirements:
- Chain of custody: A reputable company should have a strict chain of custody that keeps all your documents secure until destroyed.
- Secure shred boxes: As part of the chain of custody, they should provide securely locked bins where documents can be placed for pick up.
- Proof of Destruction: When the shredding service is completed, your preferred company should provide you with a Certificate of Destruction.
- Certification: An information records company should be certified to handle all your records storage.
Crown Information Management Understands Your Compliance Needs
You don’t have to struggle to figure out your industry’s various document storage and destruction requirements. By choosing Crown Information Management, you partner with a company that understands what is needed and can cover multiple services to accomplish your goals. We are NAID AAA and PCI Certified. We also believe in saving you time and money. That is why we have a complete array of services, including shredding, hard drive destruction, records storage, X-ray destruction, and records indexing. Ready to learn more? Give us a call today!
For timely destruction of documents, products, and hard drives, as well as secure, pest-free storage with a SOC1 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company, call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545. You can also contact us online to learn more about our document storage and shredding services.