The Crown Blog
Protecting Your Business: A Refresher on Paper Shredding
Stay Compliant with Document Destruction and Records Management
Paper shredding is the process of destroying confidential or sensitive documents to prevent unauthorized access or use, such as in cases of identity theft. Many different businesses must follow the various regulations and laws governing paper shredding. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) are two such examples. Because of these rules and regulations, it is important for companies to stay in compliance. A reliable document destruction and records management company can help you with all your paper shredding needs.
6 Key Points to Remember about Commercial Paper Shredding
Today, we often take paper shredding for granted as the secured bin sits next to the copier in the office. We know records go in and get picked up, but it’s helpful to understand the significance of utilizing a document destruction company:
- It keeps you in compliance. When you are in the legal or medical field, you know your industry is regulated by stringent laws and regulations. Having a system for paper shredding helps your office comply with all the rules and regulations.
- It provides security. Commercial paper shredding ensures that sensitive and confidential information is destroyed securely. This is especially useful when you use a shredding company that comes to your site, eliminates your outdated documentation, and provides you with a certificate of destruction.
- It is cost-effective. Instead of designating an employee to sit and shred paper, use a company that can handle large amounts without spending much time. Plus, they have the necessary equipment to ensure the destruction of your documents.
- It is convenient. They make the task of securely shredding your paperwork a breeze. Who doesn’t like the idea of a truck driving up, grabbing recycle bins, emptying them into a paper shredder, and doing all the heavy work? That’s what you can expect in a professional document destruction company.
- Record keeping made simple. A commercial shredding company can accommodate you when you need to keep detailed records. They record the type and volume of the materials being destroyed. They also provide certificates of destruction for your records.
- Easier on the environment. Besides giving identity thieves access to sensitive documents, throwing paper into the trash is damaging for the environment. Recycling paper shredding is a better option; your shredding company can handle that.
Choose Crown Information Management for All Your Paper Shredding Needs
Choose Crown Information Management in Orlando, FL, for your records destruction and storage needs when you need complete peace of mind. As a NAID AAA and PCI-certified company, we understand the importance of compliance and provide the highest security standards. Our team will visit your location to shred all confidential documents on-site, providing you with a certificate of destruction on the spot. We also offer destruction services for hard drives, media, and X-rays. With our customized records storage solutions, you can securely store and manage your records offsite. Call us today to learn more about our reliable services.
For timely destruction of documents, products, and hard drives, and secure, pest-free storage with a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company, call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545. You can also contact us online to learn more about our document storage and shredding services.