Paper and data – both these items are vital to the operations of your business. However, you can quickly become overwhelmed by the sheer volume of files and how to determine the best way to store them while still keeping them secure. Don’t forget the many privacy laws you may have to adhere to in your line of work. How do you keep up with everything and ensure your client’s information and your company’s data stay safe? One answer is to outsource your paper shredding, product destruction, and records management.
5 Benefits of Outsourcing to Secure Your Confidentiality
Outsourcing has many benefits that help you stay in compliance and protect your client’s information. Here are five:
- Save Time: The office shredder you purchased at the office supply store is unlikely to be of the same caliber as a shredder from a dedicated shredding company. Staples and paperclips must be removed before you feed only a handful of sheets through the shredder in your office. A mobile shredding truck has the proper equipment that can handle decimating several sheets and their staples or paperclips simultaneously. In the end, your team doesn’t have to waste time prepping files for shredding, which saves them time that can be used on other, more important tasks and duties.
- Increased Security: Anytime you have files left around on an employee’s desk, you have the potential to lose that information. Utilizing a company that is AAA NAID certified and PCI_DSS compliant increases the security surrounding hard copy and soft copy documents. Records management companies have their facilities protected with 24-hour security systems, alarm systems, and complete fire protection, plus they have file backups, redundancy, and disaster recovery plans. Shredding is completed in a monitored and protected environment.
- Help with Compliance: When you have to comply with several different privacy laws, such as HIPAA, FACTA, and GLBA, it can be challenging to keep up. Outsourcing eliminates risky in-house practices that can leave you in a lurch if there is a data breach.
- Increased Staff Productivity: Why should your team spend hours removing staples and paperclips from documents ready for destruction? What about the time wasted hunting down files that could easily be stored digitally for easy retrieval? In both cases, you can optimize staff productivity by enlisting the services of a records management company.
- Gain More Office Space: Paper takes up precious space that may be better used for other aspects of your growing company. If you have a large volume of documents to store, a secure storage provider is the answer. Your files will be stored offsite in a safe location where you can gain fast access when you need them. You can even determine who on your staff has access, thereby increasing your security protocols.
Choose Crown Information Management for Your Document Management Needs
Choosing to delegate document control to an outside firm may seem daunting, but you can have peace of mind when working with Crown Information Management. We monitor changing regulations vigilantly and continually upgrade our protocols and procedures to give you the most secure solutions for your document management needs. Contact us today for more information, and rest easier tomorrow.
For secure, pest-free storage and easy and timely retrieval of your business records, count on a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company. Call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545 or contact us online to learn more about our records management services.