for a clean desk and office. You can do this easily when you develop new habits to regularly clean and purge files and other items. Purging is not a once done, always done, matter. For the most success, it should be done regularly. Utilizing the services of a certified shredding company will have you well on your way to the cleaner, less cluttered office you envision for the New Year.
8 Habits to Begin the New Year with a Clutter-Free Office
Are you ready to turn a new leaf and reduce the stress clutter brings to your workday? Here are eight habits you can begin now:
- Start with a Clean Slate: Take an afternoon dedicated to cleaning, and remove all items from your workspace. Now, you can take inventory and determine what needs to stay and what can go. Wipe down all surfaces with a general cleaner.
- Replace Only the Items You Need: Look at each item and decide if it can go back on your desk, needs filing, or should be purged. It would help if you even considered removing extra personal items to keep the clutter at bay.
- Rehome the Paperwork: We tend to keep stacks of paper on our desks with the idea that keeping them handy is the best choice. Look to remove redundant paper using a shredding service. If you run out of space for all the files, it may be time for offsite storage at a dependable records management company.
- Manage Your Paper Clutter: You will continually have paperwork come across your desk. Determine to manage that clutter daily. That may mean filing or placing in a designated shredding box at the end of each day.
- Do a Daily Declutter: Besides paperwork, you will have other items show up and settle. For example, your morning cup of coffee and water bottles can quickly take up valuable real estate.
- Spot Clean as Needed: Your work surface will get dirty with food crumbs, shreds of paper, dust, and other items. Keep a general-purpose cleaner and microfiber cloth handy when you need to do an extra clean-up.
- Set Your Day Up for Success: Each evening, straighten your workstation: place pens and sticky notes in a drawer. Line up items parallel and perpendicular on your desk to leave things looking tidy for the following day.
- Conduct a Monthly Clean-up: Schedule time each month to do a little extra cleaning and purging to ensure nothing builds up over the year.
Keep an Uncluttered Office – Crown Information Management is Here to Help
You can keep your desk and office uncluttered throughout the year. Crown Information Management offers many different services to help you eliminate the extra paper, hard drives, and office equipment that threaten to take over your facility. Contact us today, and let’s see how we can assist you in building and maintaining your new habits.
For secure, pest-free storage and easy and timely destruction of records, count on a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company. Call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545 or contact us online to learn more about our document storage and shredding services.