The holidays are a fun and festive time. Families and companies alike bring out the lights and decorations, not to mention turn on melodies that make everyone hum along. Behind all the lights, baubles, and gifts, thieves work hard to take data and turn it towards their selfish desires. This giving time of year should not include giving up your customers’ and clients’ personal data. Enjoy a more joyous holiday by inviting a professional paper shredding company to your location. They will handle all your document destruction needs onsite and with little interruption to your day.
The Importance of Document Destruction during the Holiday Season
At this time of year, many receive gifts and cards or send their own. Also, it is a popular time to purge records for the upcoming New Year. With all of this hub-bub, you should keep these things in mind:
- Trash is public property. Once the trash bag hits the dumpster, it becomes public property. It is open to having others search through it.
- Many details may be gleaned from a Christmas card. You may not realize it, but handwritten cards offer many opportunities to swipe identities. For example, there are addresses and signatures to be misused.
- Professional document shredding doesn’t wind up in the trash. The professionals use equipment that crosscuts your documents into confetti-sized pieces and then sends your records to a trusted recycling center. They don’t wind up in a dumpster or landfill.
Simple Steps to Easy Holiday Shredding
Taking care of holiday festivities is a full-time job. Adding document shredding only increases the stress and strain. Here are a few simple steps to make the project easier for you:
- Look for a box to drop all documents into. A better step is to contact a shredding company and have them leave a locked shred box.
- Drop all documents for destruction into the box. These documents should include billing statements, credit card receipts, order invoices, prescription documents, greeting cards, and envelopes.
- Schedule a pickup of all documents. On shredding day, a technician will come to your location, remove the box, shred the paper, return the box, and give you a certificate of destruction.
- Breathe easier and enjoy your holidays!
Choose Crown Information Management for Your Holiday Shredding Needs
Alleviate the stress and feel better about the holidays when you hire Crown Information Management for your document shredding needs. Our team understands the importance of handling private information with the utmost care. We offer a secure document destruction system, so you don’t have to worry about thieves. We also have a variety of other services available, including pest-free storage, product destruction, records storage, and indexing. Look to us for all your document handling requirements. Call us today.
For timely destruction of documents, products, hard drives, and secure, pest-free storage with a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company, call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545. You can also contact us online to learn more about our document storage and shredding services.