The 30-second commute took on new meaning when the COVID-19 pandemic came on the scene. Before, employees were hard-pressed to get their boss to agree to let them work from home. This was with good reason. How did employers know that their team would get their work done? There was also the cybersecurity issue. It is harder to manage security with employees spread out across town or worldwide and working from their dining room table. However, it is possible to keep data safe in employees’ homes and records securely when working in a hybrid environment when you enlist the services of an information management company.
Ideas to Keep Information Secure in a Hybrid Work Environment
Limiting exposure to the COVID-19 virus is possible in a hybrid work environment. Your employees may enjoy many benefits such as safety, productivity, and career satisfaction, but you need to mitigate some data security risks. Here are a few strategies to assist you and your team in securing data:
- Remind Your Team about Data Security Policies Regularly: We are so used to carrying many types of technology that we can easily forget phones and laptops can be hacked. If your team is carting paper records back and forth between work and home, you have increased risks. It is a great idea to cover their responsibilities to protect information and reinforce steps they can take to protect said sensitive information, such as:
- Keep passwords complex and confidential
- Regularly change passwords
- Share the dangers of phishing, how to recognize it, and what they need to do if they receive a suspicious email
- Discuss how to properly dispose of unnecessary paper, mainly when they are of confidential nature
- Work with IT to Develop Multiple Layers of Cybersecurity: The more layers of safety you have, the better. Aim for protections such as multi-factor authentication, data encryption, firewalls, and antivirus software. The payoff will be huge when you consider the many different ways to mitigate risk while allowing easier data sharing between home and work.
- Establish a Secure Document Disposal System: There is still quite a bit of paper circulating within businesses. Your team needs to know what to do with documents they no longer need. Utilizing professional shredding services is the safest option, offering you peace of mind that your records are thoroughly destroyed according to regulations.
Support Your Team with Help from Crown Information Management
Encourage the hybrid work environment when you consider and plan for different scenarios and hire a qualified documents storage and shredding company like Crown Information Management. We have the credentials to ease your conscience. Not only can we set up shredding bins and shred onsite, but we also offer storage solutions you can depend on. Contact us today to learn more.
For secure, pest-free storage and easy and timely destruction of records, count on a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company. Call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545 or contact us online to learn more about our document storage and shredding services.