Individuals and businesses use storage units every day. These rental spaces offer the convenience of keeping things that you may not need at your location. For example, families may store furniture, holiday decorations, and sports equipment to avoid cluttering their homes. Businesses will tuck away unused desks and chairs along with stacks of documents they have run out of space for in the office. One of the downsides of using offsite storage is the critters that can quickly invade your unit and infiltrate your stuff.
Do you dread going to your storage unit to pull archived files because you know you’re going to run into spiders and their webs? Not to mention having to fumble around in the dark—not many storage units are well-lit or have any lighting at all. Does your unit smell of rat urine? That musty smell could be mold breeding and proliferating unencumbered. And did you know that sometimes, homeless people may be using storage units to sleep in at night? It’s all very scary and may be enough to make you think Halloween madness stays all year long! Utilizing professional storage services not only prevents thefts, loss and damage, but can stop spooky infestations.
5 Reasons to Use Offsite Document Storage with a Professional Company
You may believe you are saving money by hauling your records down the street to the local self-storage company, but what benefits are you missing out on? Here are five reasons to use the services of an established, industry certified records management company:
- The facility is pest-free. You don’t have to worry about running down to your storage unit each week to dust and spray peppermint oil to thwart spiders. Additionally, you don’t have to wonder if mice are nibbling away at documents you need to keep because of industry regulations or laws.
- Your records can be shredded properly. Think about the tiny nibblers that love paper. They shred your vital documents and turn them into nests for their young. That is not proper ‘shredding protocol’, especially for confidential records! Choosing the right company that provides on-site document destruction is a step in the right direction.
- Your documents remain secure. While your local storage company may have 24/7 surveillance, they do not necessarily have a system in place to ensure only specific individuals access your unit. Your sensitive records should be kept under lock and key, and a records management company is the perfect place.
- Spiders and mice cause destruction, but not the type you want! While cartoon characters can save the world, they do not have the necessary credentials to store or destroy records according to industry requirements. Professional document destruction and shredding services will ensure that it is done correctly and with the utmost security when getting rid of records and items you no longer need.
- You have convenient access to your files. Taking time away from the office to grab a box of files may not fit your packed schedule. A records management company offers you convenient access to those vital documents by bringing them to you.
Leave Halloween Behind in October – Keep Your Stored Items Pest-Free
Never worry about webs and spiders getting into your company’s critical documents again when you choose to work with Crown Information Management. We provide easy, convenient document storage in a secure and pest-free facility. Our team is highly trained and offers unsurpassed customer service. Give us a call today, and kiss those spiders goodbye!
For secure, pest-free storage and easy and timely destruction of records, count on a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company. Call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545 or contact us online to learn more about our document storage and shredding services.