Do you have dust collecting on the piles of paperwork surrounding your desk? It’s easy to make a neat stack thinking you will get things filed later. However, when months pass and nothing has moved, you will find your cluttered office hard to bear. Not to mention, you may have a security risk as well, since anyone can come in and take off with a confidential file. Spring cleaning isn’t just for homes. It’s a vital ritual your company should institute, especially if you house personal, legal, or medical records. Records management companies provide the best options for safely and securely housing e-records and paper documents.
Spring Cleaning Tips to Declutter and Refresh Your Office
Cluttered offices not only affect your work habits, but they can indicate a lack of care to your clients. They want to know that you have their private information secure. It would help if you had an office that is easy to navigate and doesn’t overwhelm you. Spring cleaning, including using a records management company, provides the best options to meet your needs. Here are a few tips to get you started toward a less cluttered, more professional office:
- Consider transferring eligible documents to a digital format. Depending on your line of business, you may have to keep physical copies. However, you may have some circumstances that allow you to go paperless. It makes sense to investigate what you can do and work with a document services company to plan that transition.
- Establish a shredding schedule. There is no reason to shred documents on-site. You waste your team’s valuable time when they have to spend it shredding. Additionally, most in-office shredders do not destroy thoroughly. Avoid the labor costs and security risks by hiring a professional document shredding service. Not only will you have easy access to secured shredding boxes, but you will know your records will be destroyed with full compliance of regulatory guidelines.
- Store documents offsite. Instead of cramming too many files into a file cabinet, utilize offsite document storage services. These facilities have the space and protocols in place to ensure your records are safe and secure. They also have systems for retrieval to get you the documents you need fast.
“A Decluttered Office”—Presented by Crown Information Management!
Rediscover the top of your desk while increasing your client’s confidence in you when you turn to Crown Information Management. We have the right services for your specific needs. Contact us for:
- Destruction Services – We have secure shred bins available to place around your office. When they get full, we will come to your site and shred them and give you a certificate of destruction. We don’t stop at paper. Look to us for hard drive, media, x-ray, and product destruction as well.
- Records Management – Our secure facility is climate-controlled and pest-free. We have room to hold onto those documents you do not need on-site. We can help develop a retention plan, indexing, and classifying records.
Look to Crown Information Management for all your records storage and destruction needs this spring and throughout the year.
For secure, pest-free storage and easy and timely destruction of records, count on a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company. Call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545 or contact us online to learn more about our document storage and shredding services.