Show Respect for Our Planet with Help from a Reliable Shredding Company
The first Earth Day was in April 1970. This was before the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Clean Air Act, and Clean Water Act. In short, there was nothing concrete or regulatory in place to protect the environment. Then in the spring of 1970, Senator Gaylor Nelson’s idea was put in motion, forcing the nation to address environmental concerns. Many do not know that the paper shredder was first patented in 1909 and was based on a hand-operated pasta-making machine. By the 1930s, the first paper shredder was used to destroy anti-Nazi propaganda to avoid being caught by authorities—quite the exciting story!
Today’s shredders come in various sizes, from small ones for the office to those used on trucks by professional document shredding companies. When you destroy documents through a reliable shredding service, you can rest assured that things will be handled confidentially, securely, and without dumping them in a landfill.
6 Ways Your Organization Can Help Preserve the Environment Every Day
Not only do you enjoy confidential and secure shredding with a qualified document destruction company, but you also get much more. For example, you have many laws to follow if you are in the financial, legal, or medical field. Document companies know this and strive to aid you in remaining compliant. They are also very efficient and affordable.
Besides hiring a qualified company to help with record shredding, you can protect the environment with these six useful tips:
- Find ways to reduce paper use. Digital document creation, when possible, reduces paper use. Fewer trees are being harvested, and less energy is required to produce new paper products and recycle used paper.
- Go ahead and print on both sides of the sheet. Let your printer print on both sides of the sheet to reduce your paper consumption by nearly in half.
- Purchase more than just recycled paper. It may be the most common office supply you buy as a recycled commodity, but it doesn’t have to be the only one.
- Plant trees. They may take time to grow, but the wait will be worth it for the next generation. Trees decrease the carbon dioxide in the air, create homes for wildlife, provide food for critters, and much more.
- Support organizations that plant trees. Find some local ones and offer financial support as you can. Even if you cannot plant trees, your company can support organizations that do.
- Reuse paper when you can. One of the steps to recycling is reusing. When you get packages in cardboard, use them to send out other packages. You can also use them to store items as needed.
- Repurpose paper. Don’t forget to repurpose paper products. You can turn them into packing material, pet bedding, or composting in the community garden.
Crown Information Management Helps You Observe Earth Day Throughout the Year
As you develop your plan of action for reducing your paper waste, look to the team at Crown Information Management. We have what you need to destroy and store your paper records effectively. We also understand the intricacies of compliance laws. In addition, we are NAID AAA and PCI Certified. Our team saves you time and money by coming to your location, shredding everything onsite, and handing you a document of destruction on the spot. You can also depend on us to destroy other items like hard drives, media, and x-rays, and provide records storage solutions. Give us a call today to find out more.
For timely destruction of documents, products, and hard drives, as well as secure, pest-free storage with a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company, call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545. You can also contact us online to learn more about our document storage and shredding services.