Law firms aid their clients in various cases, but they also house mounds of paper documentation, much of it required by law. Some firms may have floors of space taken up by shelving units stuffed to the gills with client files. While this may have been the norm decades ago, today’s technology offers better ways to house vital documents, making it much easier to search. By utilizing a dual records management system of digital and offsite options in conjunction with secure shredding and disposal, your firm can reap many benefits and save you hefty fines during an audit.
5 Benefits of Establishing a Secure Storage System On and Off-Site
It might seem overwhelming to think about overhauling your current records system. However, after considering these five benefits, you may quickly see that now is the best time to shore up any data leaks and make some much-needed changes to your current system:
- Reduced Risk: The last thing you want to discover is that a file has gone missing, either because it was misplaced or stolen. Law firms are held to a very high standard and store quite a large amount of personal and private client information. When stored in a digital system, you can allow access to only those that need it, thereby mitigating some risk, and aid during an audit or data breach.
- Remain in Compliance: It can be challenging to keep up with all the laws surrounding legal records. Privacy is an important topic, and if you house medical records for clients, you need to be particularly concerned about HIPAA. A sound document storage system will also provide compliance functionality so that you do not keep any records longer than legally necessary.
- Increased Productivity: Your staff will be able to search and find documents and files when using digital files. Utilizing bar codes makes for much easier tracking. Additionally, moving records to an online version and then storing hard copies offsite clears up clutter, which can aid your team in feeling more relaxed and becoming more productive.
- Better Organization: Make life much easier with a system that allows your team to search for documents with keywords. Double that with offsite storage implemented with excellent organization, and you have a recipe for success with your cases.
- Improved Bottom Line: Between staff spending too much time searching for files to storing documents much longer than needed, your law firm could be wasting time and money. Establishing a secure storage system that utilizes digital and offsite processes will improve your bottom line.
Crown Information Management Stores Your Company’s Documents Securely
Start the process to bring the document crises to an end when you talk with the knowledgeable staff at Crown Information Management. We offer a wide variety of records management services to fit your needs and requirements. We take record safekeeping seriously so that you can keep serving your clients confidently. Contact us today to learn how we can aid you in your document management needs.
For secure, pest-free storage and easy and timely retrieval of your business records, count on a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company. Call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545 or contact us online to learn more about our records management services.