Take a look around your office and notice the piles of records sitting on desks. Some stacks may be smaller, while others are so huge, they can be used in place of cubicle walls! The continuing question for many businesses is—what to do with all that paper? Do you keep filling file cabinets with paper and thus take up precious storage space? Do you scan the documents and store them in the cloud? If you decide to scan, is it better to accomplish that monumental task in-house or outsource it? Outsourcing your document scanning services can be a significant benefit to your company’s overall operations.
Why Use an Outside Document Scanning Service for Your Business
Companies need to continually analyze costs and services to ensure they are making wise business decisions. One area that can enhance an enterprise’s bottom line is thorough outsourcing document scanning services. The benefits include:
- Save Money: You may not have a need for high-speed scanners. Outsourcing removes the need for investments in scanners and the training required to operate them. Digital documents don’t take up space, so you don’t have to sacrifice precious office real estate.
- Save Time: You may not want your staff to turn their focus on scanning documents instead of doing their regular duties. The outsourcing company has high-speed equipment to get things scanned quickly. Bonus: once your documents are in electronic format, employee efficiency will go up.
- Set Up to Handle Large Volumes of Scanning: An outsourcing company not only has the right equipment, but they have the right amount of space to prep and scan your documents. You don’t have to figure out what corner of your office will handle all the scanning tasks.
- Enhanced Compliance: When you are in the healthcare, legal, or financial industries, you must adhere to strict legal and regulatory requirements. If a paper document gets misplaced, it can cost you. Scanning offers secure access to confidential documents fast. An outsourcing company understands the processes and standards required to ensure a high level of output quality for your compliance needs.
- Known Costs: An outsourcing document scanning company can give you a predetermined cost upfront. You may not know how much labor is genuinely involved with the process on a regular basis.
Work with a Quality Document Scanning and Records Management Company
Crown Information Management is your source for records management, including document scanning services. We work with you to establish a complete records management system that includes scanning, indexing, retrieval, offsite storage, and document destruction. We can assist you in your compliance goals through a careful chain of custody and providing certificates of destruction. Contact us for more information on how we can work together to create the best storage and organization for your documents.
For quality document scanning, secure storage, and easy and timely destruction of products and records, count on a SOC1 Level 2 Report,NAID AAA, and PCI Certified company. Call Crown Information Management at 800-979-9545 or contact us online to learn more about our document scanning, storage, and shredding services.